Thursday 25 February 2010

London weekend - Saturday 20.02.10

Last weekend my boyfriend and I took a long overdue trip to london, aaahhhh how I miss the bright lights, busyness and the london smog!

So after arriving in london later than we had planned our first stop was to get some food! I had fancied something american and I had wanted a nice "brunch" kinda menu and so we narrowed down to two restaurants to go to, either Smiths of Smithfield or Automat. We haven't been to either of them and so picked Automat as it was on Dover st just down the road from Bond st! *wink wink* When we finally found Automat hidden amongst the buildings my butt had already given up and fallen asleep : ( but managed to wake it up again at the sight of food! : )

On entering Automat the atmosphere was buzzing and crowded with young random mixes of people. The decor reminded me of an old italian american diner and the music was exaclty what I had imagined being in an american diner.

Since we arrived at 4pm the brunch menu had just ended, but I wasn't bothered as I didn't mind choosing from their normal menu. The menu itself was small and simple which is perfect for the settings it was in. This made it easy to choose from and to the point really.

On the menu they had a mac n cheese, my bf isn't a big fan of cheese and so didn't want to pick this dish and I didn;t want it purely as a main either. I was torn between having the automat burger, chicken burger or mac n cheese. I eventually chose the chicken burger as I NEVER pick chicken burgers and my bf chose the Automat burger so well..... I could steal some of his!

The burgers came and my chicken burger was not what I had expected it to be. The chicken itself was flattened out like a pancake and at first bite had an unusual smell to it and it wasn't good either. The chicken was really artificial tasting and I could see that chicken burgers weren't their best seller. So I took a few bites and didn't want to finish the rest of it. It just didn't taste that nice but my bf's burger was really good although it lacked some salad and the tomato that was put inside was wafer thin so it wasn't even worth putting it in!



so after lunch we headed over to Bond st. first stop... CHANEL : D It was after 5pm and still busy! There was soooo many pretty goodies but no bag that caught my eye but I did leave with something... (something i'll reveal in my next post)

My Boxwood Cafe outfit


Then after shopping we went for dinner at Gordon Ramsay's Boxwood cafe which we first went to during it's opening week and thought that the food was much better this time round but the service was incredible the first time we went. We would certainly come back here again as we had a great time.

My starters

My Main Course
My dessert.

After we left Boxwood Cafe we headed back to our hotel and was bumped to Executive and so our room was huuuuuuge with an amazing view of the big ben and the river thames.

And this was just saturday!

xxx

1 comment: