Thursday 25 February 2010

Shoooooooooooooooooes

During my last trip to London I did a mini shopping spree... well I only had a few measly hours on saturday to do some shopping which were all spent in Topshop 0 : ) (and I did myself proud) I could be in there for hours and hours I loooooooooooove that shop (Oxford St. branch).

People may say oh its too mainstream and everbody comes out looking the same but personally I think Topshop offers an incredible variety of clothing & accessories that its all down to how YOU put them together. I don't necessarily wear Topshop head to toe but its a great place for affordable clothes with a huuuuuge selection of style (in their flagship store that is). Their prices are so reasonable that I don't feel guilty if I've fallen out of love with them and end up giving them to charity. Its almost like disposable fashion, my taste changes regularly and Topshop makes it affordable enough for me to dress how I feel. But saying that I do own pieces (both from Topshop and designer names) for years & years so they're not all disposable.

Enough of the rambling, I left Topshop with bags of new dresses, spring/summery tops, skirts and a pair of boots. Now this is probably the first time in about 6 years i've bought shoes from Topshop. Im quite picky when it comes to the quality of shoes but seeing as they were so adorable for spring I couldn't resist!

But those weren't the only shoes I bought.... the following day I was in Chanel and I've always wanted a pair of ballerina flats from them but never plucked up the courage to buy one. I think I first fell in love with Chanel flats back in 2006 browsing in the Barcelona Chanel boutique and came across the baby pink cambon flats. It was love at first sight and I was 20 back then and I my dress sense was very girly and cute so they were perfect. But they never had my size and they quickly sold out and went out of season : (

However, the flats I bought are sooo beautiful! They may be simple but to me its classic and very very chic. May I present Ms Coco Bally...


What I love about these flats is that its not just any old white being used... its a shimmery pearly metallic white! oooohhh aaahhhhhh. It was either this color or a beige one with a black toe however the beige color wasn't available in metallic and when I tried them on they looked rather "old" on me 0_o However when I wore these metallic ones on, I looooved them, they are so so cute!! I would probably wear this mainly with crops, shorts or dresses and no jeans just bc I wan't to avoid any color transfer onto these flats. What makes it more impractical is that I would only wear them on dry days. BOO : ( My bf joked that I should just put them on display.. and look at them. >_> Hence why he was sent out to wander the other shops whilst I shopped in Chanel! ^_^

Here are both of my new shoes...

With the sun beaming the past few days I have that summer feeling!! : D

P.S. I never did buy the Alma Rose in FLorentin at Louis Vuitton, I saw it in person and eeeurgh it really wasn't me. It is cute though but too plastic-y looking and the pink was more pink than I thought it would be. If others had it I would still admire it but certainly not for me. I was sooo gutted but relieved for my bank account!.... sooo My fingers are still itching for a new bag! : )

x

2 comments: