Thursday 25 February 2010

Maxi Craze

Last week I finally confirmed and booked my space for a hen weekend in Barcelona!! So after the excitement of penciling Barcelona into my diary I started to browse through the internet for some dresses/outfits I could bring with.. initially the browsing was just for ideas *coughs*. If my bf is reading this... I know... I do have a ton of dresses BUT this is a weekend away in BARCELONA for a HEN NIGHT(S)!! This deserves new outfits! : )

So for the past few summers i've had a thing for maxi dresses but i've never found any that I particularly like not only that but bc im so leggy I don't like maxi dresses that comes above my ankles (boo) but... I did come across some and not only did I come away with 1 maxi dress I came away with 3! ^_^

So here are my possible "day time" outfits for Barcelona I won't be wearing all 3 Maxis bc I wanna mix it up by wearing shorts or above the knee dresses.

So here is dress 1:


I particularly like this dress bc it feels tribal bc of the beaded details but what really sold it to me were the turquoise beads used and the fabric used. The fabric makes it look floaty and not so body hugging, a casual dressy day time maxi. But this dress hasn't made it to the Barcelona Short list!

Dress 2:

Another black maxi dress... actually all three of them are black : ) I would've gone for any other colour if they were available but sadly they weren't but I still like black dresses regardless. This is simple and a dress I could wear without getting bored bc of the colour. Which is one of my problem, if the colours I pick are too "bright" "dull" or outrageous then I tend to get bored or go off them very quickly. Anyhoo I picked this dress bc it was so simple, effortless and elegant which is perfect for accessorising without feeling like Im going OTT.

What I also like about this dress is that the boob area comes padded and thats when I instantly clicked "add to basket" 0 : ) Reasons why I love it padded is that i'm not very blessed in the boob department, it was either legs or boobs and God decided to give me the legs and so I would've warn a bikini underneath but bc it's already padded now I dont have to! Not only that but when its scorching hot outside wearing less layers is always ideal! : )

This dress is on my shortlist for Barcelona.

Dress 3:
Ok so another simple black maxi dress and this is the most simple out of the 3. I like this dress bc it's something I could easily throw on without any thought or effort required. This dress reminds me of a lazy summers sunday taking a stroll in the park (or in my case... around the city centre, a poo thing about living right in the city!), shopping for groceries or just having brunch with the family. This is certainly a dress that doesn't look its trying too hard and perfectly casual!.

This dress is padded in the booby area (bonus) and it did come in white. However, I didn't opt for white and it looks rather transparent and well I don't fancy the sun shining and revealing my panties to the world!

Since this dress is so similar to Dress 2 this won't be going onto the Barcelona shortlist either!

So here are my 3 new maxi dresses and i'll see if I still like it as much when I receive them!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment